Tuesday, January 22, 2013

SPAM: Prepper Cuisine



Mmmm, nothing like a can of Spam for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  There are a few choices for canned meats on the market, but Spam has always been one of my favorites.  My family may laugh about Spam, but they will be glad to have it when disaster strikes and we have to bunker down.  Though it is fully cooked and ready to eat cold, I prefer mine sliced and pan fried.  It goes great with eggs in the morning, or on bread as a sandwich meat for lunch. 

I have found that Spam has a little longer shelf life than other canned foods that I have stored.  The label says that it is gluten free, has 6 servings packing 180 calories, 16 grams of fat, 1 gram of carbohydrates, and 7 grams of protein.  Spam has been around for more than 75 years.  You can find recipe ideas for Spam at this link:http://www.spam.com/recipes.



No comments: